Topic: eBesucher Bidding – Dynamic Advertising Costs

djoni 16.04.2015 18:51
The eBesucher Bidding will start on Monday the 20th of April at 12pm Central European Summer Time (UTC+02:00). We are happy to say that the dynamic bidding system allows us to respond to the needs of our users and advertisers!

More infos can be found on our blog.

g
gastrac 17.04.2015 13:32
Thank you Djoni, hopefully this will help to balance surfbar, that more sites will be available for non-german IP addresses

vvtuantung01 17.04.2015 16:57
I still do not understand how it works : Oops:

g
gastrac 18.04.2015 09:17
vvtuantung01;239469 wrote:I still do not understand how it works : Oops:
you will find it soon enough :) Simply, you want to advertise a page, and you will decide the price you want to pay. If you want to pay 0.01 BTP(just an example:)) per visit and someone from surfers will accept the price(your bit is the highest), you will get the site displayed.

However I am still interested in the minimum bid :) If it would be limited to 0,5 BTP or simply user can have a bit of 0,01 :)

djoni 19.04.2015 18:00
It is not going to be possible to bid only 0,01 points. The starting price will be not much less than 1 BTP / impression for most countries. We will see how this is going to work out.

g
gastrac 19.04.2015 22:15
Hmm, it is a pity then :( I expect the starting price will be much lower than 1 BTP(which I would like to advertise as well). Such idea of bidding system is great, but as you may know, there is significant difference between i.e. German speaking countries and rest of the world. With some non-German speaking IP addresses you can barely earn 20-30 BTP per hour, whereas with German one up to 350 or even more with addon. I expect, that users will be not willing to advertise for 0,5-0,8 BTP per bid, and therefore situation will not change.

vvtuantung01 20.04.2015 03:50
i so that earn point where many :ugly:

g
gastrac 20.04.2015 17:30
So, 0,5 BTP as a mininum earning bid, is a little bit low. I think that you have issues in your system. I advertised a page with worldwide IP addresses and have a bid of 0.5 BTP. No impression arrived. "0" impressions, even though I am surfing my own surf with Slovakian IP and have No active sites available. How is that possible? How can be no sites and my site is available for surfers and I have plenty of credits to assign. You need to tune up somehow the new system.

djoni 21.04.2015 09:53
gastrac, your bid is too low! It is extremely likely that one of the other advertisers has placed a higher bid than you, you are thus not going to get any visitors. Please keep in mind that you are now competing against other advertisers. While you are free to set your bid to as low as 0,5 points, you are likely to not receive any visitors at all.

We will soon add an explanation that explains how the effective costs within the bidding system are calculated in detail.

g
gastrac 21.04.2015 12:13
Hi Djoni,

sure, I understand the main benefit of bidding system and I know that I have to compete with other advertisers. But the point is that I received no impression even though I had "No active sites available" in my surfbar. I suspect, that there are really many surfers and surfbars active waiting to display a site earning no BTP due to lack of advertisers for their country. I placed a bid for 0.5(yes, lowest one for every country, without targeting), but as they are so many viewers waiting to display any website(and I am pretty sure those surfbars exists), how can it be, that my website is not getting any visitor? Many surfers are waiting to earn some BTP(getting no sites available) and my site is active and not being displayed. That is a bug, not a feature imho :)

djoni 23.04.2015 11:43
gastrac;239702 wrote: I placed a bid for 0.5 (yes, lowest one for every country, without targeting), but as they are so many viewers waiting to display any website (and I am pretty sure those surfbars exists), how can it be, that my website is not getting any visitor? Many surfers are waiting to earn some BTP(getting no sites available) and my site is active and not being displayed. That is a bug, not a feature imho :)
As an advertiser on eBesucher, you have a whole range of opportunities at hand. You can not only choose the countries that you wish to advertise in but also set parameter such as the minimum screen resolution, the browser type, the operating system and so on. So it always has to fit with the settings of the surfbar user. If it does not, the website can not be displayed.

Regarding your website, we will look into that and get back to you.