Topic: Suggestion - remove flash check

g
gastrac 05.05.2016 09:58
Hello moderators,

In year 2016, I think that time has come to say goodbye to flash check. AS you are saying, significantly more webpages are available when flash check is passed. In these times of HTML5, when it can completely substitute flash, it is not necessary to have flash as a condition for surfing(although optional, but still less pages available)

HTML5 is a standard in all modern browsers, whereas flash must be installed separatelly(when using firefox), thetefore it forces user to install additional software. It also consumes much more resources.

Please consider removing the flash check in future updates of your surfbar.

Thank you

djoni 06.05.2016 15:10
I agree that flash is no longer state of the art and that HTML5 is the future. It is also true that only few websites still rely on flash. However, statistics show that currently about 8% of all websites are still using flash, it would thus not be wise to remove the option.

As time goes by, more and more advertisers will no longer require flash, this is just a matter of time and thus this issue will solve itself.

g
gastrac 21.07.2016 11:17
Reopening again, even Mozilla will reduce/block Flash in their browser:

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2016/07/20/reducing-adobe-flash-usage-in-firefox/

I think it is time to get rid of it completely :) Make it just optional, without dependency on number of displayed pages.

Thank you,

djoni 21.07.2016 12:51
Thank you for pointing this out again. We have taken additional measures by re-configuring the members area. The Flash-Option is explicitly declared as optional and an advertiser should only activate it in case he really needs it.

We believe that this problem will thus solve itself: With time, there are going to be less advertisers that are using the flash-option and it will disappear as soon as it is no longer needed. In addition to that, we are in touch with many advertisers and we are recommending them to update their settings if needed.

djoni 22.09.2016 16:45
Since Google has blocked Flash for the newest version of the Chrome webbrowser, we have finally decided to remove the Flash option. New advertising campaigns can no longer target users that are running the Flash player.

Lairdkeir 20.11.2016 07:06
My problem is that there is at least one site that completely shuts down the surfbar with the message 'You need Adobe Flash Player 6 (or above) to view the charts. It is a free and lightweight installation from Adobe.com. Please click on Ok to install the same."
Thus I woke up and found that for 7 hours the page had been frozen and I earned nothing because of this message.

djoni 22.11.2016 12:41
We believe that the website could be illegitit and against our policies, as flash usually does not cause the surfbar to crash by displaying such messages. Please do not press ok and report the website to us.