Topic: Restarter gives message: Could not establish a connection to the server

brylyn1979 06.11.2015 18:46
Hi,

For a few days I've been getting this message in the screen of my Restarter: Could not establish a connection to the server

So whenever my browser crashes, the surfbar doesn't restart. I haven't changed anything on my computer, so I had no idea what the problem could be.

Do you have any ideas? I installed the restarter so that my surfbar would restart whenever necessary, so it's kinda annoying that the restarter isn't working anymore.

Please look into this. Thank you.

Greetings,
Nicole

djoni 06.11.2015 18:52
This might be related to a problem with your restarter code. Can you please verify if it has been entered correctly?

You can find your personal Code for the Restarter in the members area, see: Traffic Exchange > Surfbar > Restarter

brylyn1979 06.11.2015 19:14
That code is correctly entered in the restarter. In the settings screen there is also a message at the bottom: Could not connect to the internet, but everything else works just fine. And at the beginning of the week and before that I haven't had problems with the restarter. It started a couple of days ago and I haven't changed anything on my computer.

djoni 09.11.2015 16:50
Maybe you are using a tool (antivirus, firewall) which disallows the restarter to connect to the server, you might want to check on this.

brylyn1979 09.11.2015 18:28
Hi, I found that something got installed somehow, not intentionally anyway. I removed it and the restarter works again. Thanks.