Topic: Surfbar keeps saying my connection is too slow when it's not

MayhemWaltz 22.10.2015 14:20
Hello!
I recently started to use this website again and have found it to be quite useful. Unfortunately, I'm running into an issue that is completely stopping me from using the website.

My computer is a bit old, so sometimes programs on it freeze. Unfortunately, sometimes this happens during the surfbar connection test. When it does, it negatively affects the speed test, and then blocks me from using the surfbar at all for hours at a time. There's no way for me to try another speed test, every time I reload the surf bar it just tells me "your connection is too slow, please try again tomorrow"...

What am I supposed to do when this happens? My connection is fine, I can post speed test results if needed. Just because my computer's a bit older shouldn't stop me from using the surfbar. :/

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

djoni 22.10.2015 15:19
Hello!

It sounds like your PC does no longer meet the requirements for using the surfbar. If your pc is too slow, the websites can not be loaded in time or will cause the surfbar to freeze, even though the bandwidth of your physical internet connection is just fine. The surfbar does not differentiate here, it tells you that you connection is too slow, as the surfbar is unable to load.

What you can try: Get rid of unnecessary add-ons or browser extensions. Close all other processes when you are running the surfbar and make some space on your hard disk. The best would be to format and reinstall the whole system. This might not solve the problem but it will definitely increase the speed of your pc. Depending on how much RAM memory you have, you might want to consider to add more RAM.

In case you get the error message, close the browser and reopen it. Then load the surfbar in private mode (incognito mode), this allows you to skip the suspension and to restart the surfbar right away.

I hope you can find a way to get the surfbar back on track!

MayhemWaltz 24.10.2015 20:15
Thank you for such a fast reply!

I gave it a couple more tries, and after I closed all of my extra Firefox tabs, I was able to run the surfbar without getting an error during the speed test. I usually don't run many programs at once, but since I don't have that much RAM (only 4 GB...) I have to be careful with how I use it. After I get my new PC I should be able to run the surfbar all the time without any problems.

I didn't know I could use the incognito mode to reload the surfbar if I ended up getting an error - thanks for telling me! I'm sure that'll come in handy.

Thank you for the help!