Topic: Number of max. same browsers used in same subnet and related rules

polesi69 13.09.2015 21:16
Hi everyone,
please can tell someone from ebesucher staff how many same browsers I can use in one subnet? And what are another rules about? I installed different versions of FF to every 8pcs of my browsing computers and it worked like a charm for about 3 hours. But now I get "Browser is used too offen...." again! So please.. can you tell us what are specific rules about this limitation so we can install right versions of browsers on every computer? Thanks

g
gastrac 14.09.2015 10:31
Some hidden rules are applied here ;) I have asked for the same thing several months ago, without any reply. Basically, I understand that this is to protect advertisers from such traffic but I think that it should be mentioned in eBesucher TOS.

polesi69 14.09.2015 11:22
Absolutely agree. I also understand that it is needed to limit number of same browsers in one subnet for obvious reason.. But there should be exactly specified rules about this limitation so we could adapt to those rules.

Interesting thing is, that I could have installed same version of FF on every 16 pcs of my Windows computers without any problem.

On my linux machines I can't have installed same version not even on 12 (I am talking about computers in same subnet as Windows are). Yesterday I did some tests on Linux computers in same subnet. I installed one version on 8 of them. It worked. So I installed another version on 8 another ones. Again no problem. Then I installed another version on another 8 of them. It worked like 3 hours. Then (and still now) I have "Browser is used.." error on all of Linux computers (all 24 which I tested).
So I am really confused because there are obviously different limitations to Windows and Linux users.

djoni 14.09.2015 17:14
According to our TOS, the surfbar may only be used on a computer that is connected to a monitor and has to remain in the visible area of the screen. In order to guarantee that this rule is respected, we require that every surfbar has to run on a unique device.

To ensure the best advertising quality, our system measures different parameters of the device that accesses the surfbar. In case that an unusual pattern is detected, an error message will be displayed and the access to the surfbar will be denied.

For example: If the system identifies multiple devices that are using exactly the same browser, the system will trigger a warning alert and the user will be unable to continue the surfing session.

The usage of operating systems is also analyzed by our software. Note that the average global share of Linux is less than 2%, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems. Thus, in case that the usage share of Linux is too high, the system will interrupt the surfing session.

Like gastrac said, we have to protect our advertisers. Please make sure that you are using the surfbar in a legitimate way. In case you have any questions on that matter, you can contact our support at any time. We are happy to help you!

polesi69 14.09.2015 18:12
Thanks for explanatory answer Djoni. I really appreciate it, cause now I finally know what is happening :-) Thanks again

dimkarl 20.09.2015 11:57
hi

I have long been using ebesucher.com, but I always get a warning that the traffic I send all fake

could you give this explanation

Thanks

djoni 22.09.2015 09:23
dimkarl;245220 wrote:hi

I have long been using ebesucher.com, but I always get a warning that the traffic I send all fake

Thanks
Your surfbar has not been used since June, what warning message are you referring to?

g
gastrac 22.09.2015 09:31
dimkarl;245220 wrote:hi

Thanks
This is not a problem with eBesucher, but with a company/page or whatever site you are trying to send eBesucher hits to. As a free member you are not able to hide referrer or mask source of visits. As this is a traffic exchange site, it is clear that such hits will be always "fake", not ocming from real visitors, but surfbar users.