Topic: Mozilla blocks Flash by default on Firefox browser. What will Ebesucher do?

succotash 14.07.2015 14:48
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33520935
Adobe's Flash software is now blocked by default on all versions of the Firefox web browser.
Mozilla, which develops Firefox, imposed the block because recently unearthed bugs in Flash were being actively used by cyber-thieves.
The Ebesucher extension requires Firefox and Flash. What is Ebesucher position? Should we still use a potentially unsecure application?

ahao 14.07.2015 15:19
When HTML5 replace FLASH?

g
gastrac 14.07.2015 19:11
tried now, and Flash is detected by eBesucher surfbar, running normally. Although I agree to remove flash from checks and use HTML5 instead

djoni 15.07.2015 09:10
The flash incidents are unfortunate and it seems like it has become necessary to update the flash player regularly. However, it remains your decision whether you wish to use Flash or not. eBesucher does not oblige you to use Flash but many of the advertisers require it.

Having Flash installed and activated allows you to visit a greater number of websites, because many of the advertisers still rely on flash and they require you to use Flash in order to visit their website. Having said this, we hope that html5 will take over soon.

succotash 15.07.2015 10:59
Djoni;243102 wrote: eBesucher does not oblige you to use Flash but many of the advertisers require it.
I have no problems running Flash but yesterday night the Firefox extension stopped working because Flash had been disabled automatically. So it seems that the extension will stop working if Flash is not installed. Please correct me if I'm wrong

djoni 15.07.2015 11:05
succotash;243112 wrote:I have no problems running Flash but yesterday night the Firefox extension stopped working because Flash had been disabled automatically. So it seems that the extension will stop working if Flash is not installed. Please correct me if I'm wrong
The eBesucher add-on will continue working if Flash is uninstalled. It will only display less websites, as you are not eligible to visit websites from our advertisers, which require Flash.