Topic: Can't get restarter to work

platanos 18.04.2015 18:46
Hello, I'm trying to get restarter to work in Windows. I've tried Windows 7, windows 8 and windows server, all x64 bits.

I have java 8 installed, both x86 and x64 versions.

I've tried with firefox, opera, chrome and internet explorer, all of them in their latest stable release.

The restarter just stays in green and says surfbar is supervised, but no browser is opened for surfing. It does nothing. This is what I get:

I'm using restarter x64 bits version. I'm using my username and my own authorization code. I have windows UAC disabled and I'm using administrator account.

In fact, I've tried the restarter in a virtual machine with Windows XP, java 7.21 and restarter x86. It works perfectly.

I'm attaching the error.log from Restarter.

Any help would be quite appreciated. I don't know what to do to make it work.

PS: I don't use the firefox addon as it crashes the surf from time to time, and so I can't leave it working unattended.

djoni 19.04.2015 19:30
Hello and thank you for posting all these infos, it helps when trying to find a solution!

I am not sure why the restarter does not work. Please do however see if you are using Java x64 or Java x86.

Please do also test the restarter with a different browser and try to reinstall a different version of the restarter (x86 or x64).