Topic: Firefox extension & Restarter

g
gastrac 18.11.2014 14:15
Hello again, two questions ;)

1. Is there any benefit from using the firefox extension? I was getting approx the same results with, or without it even if the page says that I could earn more(framebreaker sites)

2. Is current version of ebesucher Restarter still working? I was testing it in Linux and windows and it seems that it is not restarting the surfbar properly. Is there any new version to be planned ?

Thank you,

djoni 19.11.2014 15:08
The firefox extension (AddOn) allows you to have sites displayed that open a framebreaker and for which you will get twice as many points. If you choose to use the extension, make sure that your browser is able to load flash in order to get the best results. We are working on a new version of the extension, as the old one does not seem to work properly for some members and does no longer display the textlinks of the sites that are displayed in the surfbar. The new version is scheduled to be released within the next months.

The restarter should be working, in case you are experiencing any complications, please report it to our support.

g
gastrac 19.11.2014 21:11
There is however one negative about restarter. It points me to the "classic" webpage instead of the "/surfbarff/" page. Not sure if restarter is working, mainly on linux systems, I have simulated a crash by exiting firefox or closing the surfbar window but nothing happens, surfbar did not open it again.

One additional suggestion - aren't you planning a separate eBesucher application that will not have a dependency on a browser and should be much more stable ?

djoni 19.11.2014 21:53
I forgot to mention, the restarter does not work together with the firefox extension (AddOn)! You have to choose between the firefox extension and the normal surfbar (+restarter if necessary).

As for now, the restarter only works with the normal surfbar but we are working on a new tool which will combine both. It will probably only take a couple of weeks, 2 month at the most (I guess), it is scheduled to be released this year.

benwae 19.11.2014 23:44
whether using the restarter apps do not get twice points as firefox-addons?

djoni 20.11.2014 01:51
You get twice as many points for sites that open a framebreaker and only the firefox extension (AddOn) is able to display those sites. However, it is not guaranteed that every site that is displayed in the extension does open a popup.

Hint: When using the extension, you should accept sites that play sound (Members Area --> Traffic Exchange --> Settings) in order to maximize your earnings.

g
gastrac 20.11.2014 08:55
Helo,

actually the firefox addon keeps opening additional browser windows(like popups), is this the right behavior ? I just realized that I have opened additional around 20 firefox windows after night :)

benwae 20.11.2014 09:26
gastrac;230312 wrote:Helo,

actually the firefox addon keeps opening additional browser windows(like popups), is this the right behavior ? I just realized that I have opened additional around 20 firefox windows after night :)
and FF addons cannot resolve stuck like this too :( :

g
gastrac 20.11.2014 12:54
Well, unfortunatelly this happens from time to time. There are sites that violate the terms by such exit scripts. the only solution is to report these pages that they will not bother us anymore :)

I am wondering if users can use some extensions to disable such scripts. I know that script blockers are forbidden as well as ad-blockers, but there are some tools to eliminate such exit windows or javascript alerts.